The Analysis of the Problem of Economic Mathematical Problems Reversed from the Ability of Logic Thinking in Students
Wahyuddin
More Detail

Abstract

This study aims to determine the level of logical thinking skills of solving ability on math problem of the economy, and the effect on the ability of logical thinking ability in solving mathematical economics at Mathematics Education students Muhammadiyah University Makassar. This research is an ex-post facto nature of causality with total population were 245 people from 8 different classes. Samples invoved 58 students consisting of 2 classes using a sampling technique . The research instrument consists of logical thinking ability test as many as 30 items and problem solving test ability by 5 items were valid and reliable before use. Data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics (correlation and regression analysis). The research findings shows that: (1) The ability to think logically masiswa are in good enough category with an average value of 69.13; (2) The level of mathematical problem solving ability for masiswa economy is in the category quite well with the average value of 74.03; (3) The level of logical thinking ability masiswa correlated with mathematical problem solving ability with great economy of 94.5% relationship where that is located on a well once; and (5) the ability to think logically positive effect on the ability of solving problems with the effect of 89.1% while the remaining 10.9% is influenced by other variables outside the model. On conslusion, the ability to think logically positive effect on the ability of settlement capability, it can be concluded that the higher of logical thinking skills possessed by the student means the student problem-solving abilities are higher.

License

This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Article Type: Research Article

INT ELECT J MATH ED, 2017, Volume 12, Issue 3, 585-598

https://doi.org/10.29333/iejme/635

Publication date: 11 Aug 2017

Article Views: 11810

Article Downloads: 5102

Open Access References How to cite this article